• Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
• The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
• 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
• 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
• Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
• Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
• Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
• Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
• CPR with an advanced airway*
* This is an introduction to the compression/ventilation rate and ratio for a patient who has an advanced airway in place. For more information on advanced airways, please refer to the Airway Management Course.
Initial Provider Course requires approximately 4 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing.
Renewal Course requires approximately 3.5 hours, including skills practice and skills testing.
*course time based on 1 instructor: 6 student: 2 manikins